Sunday, June 21, 2020

Bonjour!

Last Friday was our last day for lessons for your child's Kindergarten year. I really enjoyed my time with all of your children. What a wonderful bunch! I do however feel somewhat cheated out of this very important year with your children. It took so many people to teach your child this year. Even though I provided lessons it was you, the families, who implemented them. Your children were taught by moms, dads, sisters, brothers, aunties, uncles, grandmas, grandpas and friends. As they say,"It takes a village to raise a child". Thank you all for the wonderful job that you did and for all of the photos that you sent in.

This week I will be at school. I will be phoning each of you to discuss what next year might look like. We have a few different scenarios ready to roll once the government lets us know which we are to follow. Rest assured that Calgary Catholic School Division puts your child's needs first and foremost. The teachers at St. Luke are working away to provide a safe and engaging environment for your children in which to learn.

Please give your child the giant hug that I would have given them on the last day of school for me. Those hugs, I think, are what I miss the most.

As you all know by now, our amazing vice principal, Mme Yacey is retiring. She taught the Kindergarten students gym. In March as a gift from the Kindergarten classes we had begun a painting for her as a farewell gift. Not everyone had a chance to paint on it. On the last day that the students were in class, Daniella from the afternoon class said to me, "Mme Jane, what if we don't come back to school. Who will finish Mme Yacey's painting?"
My answer was, "If you don't come back, I will finish it for you." I finished it and I gave it to Mme Yacey. She loves it. Here is the photo of her with her painting. The crazy thing is that her dress looks just like the painting!
I look forward to seeing you all in September. May your summers be blessed with happiness, joy and good health!
Jane