Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Bonjour Parents!
I hope that you are all staying healthy! Yesterday was quite the emotional day as we packed up items for our students.I miss all of my "Littles"!
As Kindergarten is a little different, for the time being I will be using this blog as the main form of communication when I need to contact you as a group. Please keep checking for emails from Mme Wozny as well. We are in uncharted territories at the moment and are trying our best to set things up to continue to provide learning for our students at home.
I will be answering all of your emails from 8:30- 3:15 as I am currently working from home. As for interviews, if there was a specific area that I thought should be addressed, I will be contacting you.
Today's school away from school suggestions are:-
Literacy:-
Read, read read to your children! This is the most important thing that you can do! After you have read a book set the timer for 5 minutes and ask the students to draw about the story. When the timer goes they may stop or they may continue. When they have finished ask them to tell you about what they have drawn.
Numeracy: 
Make up little cards with numbers on them. Hand your child a number and have them collect items of that number of things that are the same. An example might be 6 pens for the number 6. You can do this up to 10 and then keep on increasing the numbers. Do them out of order so that the child identifies the number of items with the numeral itself. Students can do this in english or in french depending on what you are comfortable with.
Stay healthy!
Blessings to you all,
Mme Jane