Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Bonjour!
I hope that everyone is staying healthy and managing the best that they can through these crazy times. I'm happy to see more views on my blog updates! We're up to 31 views now out of my 37 students. My intention with the blog posts is to provide tasks where your children are still learning and thriving. Here are a few activities that you might want to try:
Numeracy:
My grandma called this game Snap but it is also called Bataille or War (maybe that's why she called it Snap).
Materials: A deck of cards or little homemade cards with numbers 1-10 (or higher depending on your child). Students could make their own cards out of paper from their visual journals if need be.
Directions:
Divide up the pack of cards equally face down. Each person will turn over the top card in their pile at the same time. The person whose card is of a higher value gets to keep both cards. This goes on until all cards are played. The winner has the most cards.
Physical Education:
Make up an exercise routine with 5 different exercises in it. You could use yoga or other exercises that we have done in class. Add music to them if you can. To remember the steps draw 5 people doing them as best as you can.
There you go! I hope that this makes your day a little easier and your children engaged and happy. Remember, I love it when you send me photos of your child doing the activities!
Stay healthy everyone!
Have a blessed day!
Mme Jane